With Valentine’s day on the horizon, I just had to share a bit of personal stuff about my daughter Little Miss Nice.
She is 17 years old and in her senior year of high school. She is rather artsy as in the performing arts sort of way and has been attending a school for the arts for the past 5 1/2 years. Sadly this school is a significant commute from our home. Fortunately, a few summers ago, she was able to connect with a great group of kids from the local (as in 500 yards from our home) high school. Before Christmas, she and one of the lovely young men in the group began dating.
On the surface, one would think they are so totally different:
- she’s a musical theatre fanatic and he’s into country music
- she’s very scholastic and he’s a bright kid who loves to work with his hands
- She’s traveled extensively and he doesn’t have a passport
Little Miss Nice is lucky because her mom and dad don’t dwell on such things and can look past all the differences. Besides, he is the sweetest guy EVER! He truly is a real ROMEO!
For Christmas, he MADE her a ROSE in shop class and at home.
Is that not the most romantic and clever gift ever!
Little Miss Nice LOVES it, and knowing the effort and thought that went into it just warms her heart.
With Valentine’s Day only 2 days away, Miss Nice decided she needed to get her act together and do something creative for her ROMEO.
Have you noticed I keep referring to him as her “ROMEO”???
Well, that is his name!
I know it makes people chuckle a little but it is actually a popular French Canadian name.
And one to be proud of if you know anything about
If you do not know about this former Canadian Armed Forces General,
please follow the link and find out more.
Little Miss Nice checked out Pinterest and this is what she came up with:
Her puns are:
- “You Stole a Piece of my Heart” with a stash of Reese’s Pieces
- “I’m a Sucker for You” with a stash of suckers
- “I’m hooked on You” with a stash of gummy worms
- “I Love Your Hugs and …” with a stash of Hershey’s Kisses
- and the candy car with “You’re Wheelie Sweet”
Tonight, is the semi-formal at Romeo’s school. As a non-student, attending the event, my baby is nervous but she will look great!